Here is a list of different tuning components that can be implemented
into a 745i. If you do it all, you have the ultimate super limousine.
Some of these components are/will be made by us; some we offer
for sale in cooperation with other manufacturers and in some cases we give
you the necessary information how to buy those from other sources.
- Motronic Chip Upgrades. This is our main business.
- Wastegate Upgrades. Now available at www.745i.com
. See also Wastegate section for
- Instrument cluster for turbo pressure, oil pressure, fuel pressure
and oil temperature gauges
- Turbo, oil and fuel pressure gauges and oil temperature gauge with
sender units. VDO is one of
the best supplier for these. They have very good worldwide distribution
- Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator. Available at Cartech
Rising Rate Fuel Regulators, see picture here
- Fuel Mixture Meter. Available e.g. at Halmeter
Air/Fuel Ratio Indicators and at Road///Race
Engineering, who offer Jumptronix Digital Air/Fuel Ratio meters
and Cyberdyne Air/Fuel ratio Monitors.
- Exhaust systems (2*2.5" or 1*3"). Due to fairly high transportation
costs it may be best to ask your local exhaust specialist to make the special
exhaust system for you. We feel that the best solution is 2*2.5" stainless
steel exhaust with one to three mufflers depending on allowed noise levels.
As the turbo provides the necessary back boost you can select as free flowing
exhaust system as possible. Performance wise the 1*3" exhaust is better
than 2*2.5", but you may get some quite high noise levels at certain
- Steeper cam shafts 270-328 degrees (standard is 264). Keep
it below 290°.Anything above that will affect idle and low R.P.M.
characteristics too much for meaningful street use.The standard duration
is 264°. Always
buy complete cam assemblies when you change the cam duration over 290°. At
least following versions are available: 276°, 280°, 282°,
300°, 308° and 328°.Available at least at BMP
Design (USA) also for international customers. Here is direct link
Cam Shaft page. We will add some European manufacturers' links also.
- Copper Cylinder Head Gaskets
- High Performance Break Disks (Rotors) are available at least from
In USA e.g. Elite
Auto Service Center sells Cross-drilled Brembo rotors at $230 full set
- Turbo modifications
You have two main possibilities:
1. Go to your local turbo specialist and ask them to custom modify the wheel.
This is what Juha Tuoma did.
2. Increase the turbo compression wheel and housing from 52 mm to 56 mm inlet
side. Important note: This concerns only the 3.2 L 745 engine! 3.4 L engine has already bigger turbo. This version of the turbo is used in Porsche 959 so you can buy it from
- Larger Intercooler. Nothing available as standard. Example of a modification
made in one 745i: The standard air filter was removed and replaced by a modified
K&N filter (as shown in the pictures below). That gave more room for longer
intercooler, which in this case was custom built.
- K&N Air Filters
Quite useful link for general purpose related products is Intake
Upgrades, which gives very good summary of different types of upgrades eventhough
some of their references are for Probe cars. Their summary (short and quite
to the point) covers following areas: * Air Ram/Cold Air Intake * Boost Controller
* Bypass/Blow-Off valves * Cone Air Filters * High-Flow Air Filter * Intake
Manifold thermal Insulators * Intake Superchargers * Intercooler piping * J-Spec
Intake Manifold * Nitrous Oxide * Supercharger * Throttle Body * Turbocharger
* Turbocharger Upgrades * Twin Turbo *